Forums > Advice > Liberal Arts Colleges

Meldog
Wednesday, July 1st 2009 11:59am
The good , the bad and the ugly
misstransfer
Thursday, July 2nd 2009 7:34am
Of course you have the ones in the northeast, Swarthmore, Amherst, Bowdoin. And more. There's also Claremont Mckenna College (CMC) in California (and its fellow Claremont sister colleges). CMC was my first choice school to transfer to when I applied. I didn't get it, as they are very competitive, especially with transfer admissions. There aren't too many excellent LAC outside of the Northeast area, but CMC is definitely one of them.
misstransfer
Thursday, July 2nd 2009 7:34am
Oh, and the bad and ugly.. I guess the small sizes can create too much comfort and familiarity. Everyone is in your business at all times.
Risa Stein
Monday, July 6th 2009 12:54pm
bad & ugly - opportunities to do truly compelling undergraduate research can be few and far between.
lukiih
Friday, July 10th 2009 8:46am
The good--you become well-rounded and have the opportunity to take obscure, but interesting classes (for example, I took Classical Mythology as one of my fun courses and I loved it). The bad--majors are pretty generic. For example, you have options like Physics, Economics, and Psychology, but you won't be able to be more specialized if you want to. Then again, that's what graduate school is for.
Post a reply